As the Spirit of God guides you (while you are at the altar) please hold the following reminders, celebrations and concerns in your prayers:
- Please pray for those in need of prayer and not included on this list.
- Please pray for everyone who takes the time to pray for the needs of others.
- Those confronting life’s challenges and celebrating life’s joys.
Give Thanks For (Praise Reports):
- The power of touch, love, support and encouragement.
- Attending the Palmetto Capital City Classic in Columbia, S.C.
- Great meeting and conversation with Silvia Ramos.
- Good meeting with Sharee Fowler and Goodwill representatives discussion employee engagement.
- KBR (Local Impact) Advisory Council grant review and discussion.
- Saturday afternoon conversation with Jarrard Goldsmith.
- Bill Leonard and his new book, Homebrewed Christisnity: Church History – Flaming Heretics and Heavy Drinkers. An interesting and fascinating read.
- Sarah Alston – chronic neck/back discomfort from arthritis in her neck.
- Angela Maxwell and her family – her 87 year old mother (Mrs. Beulah Maxwell) passed.
- Brother-in-law, Wayne Anderson and family – on the loss of his sister.
- Rev. Dr. James Ferree and family – on the loss of his wife, Doris Ferree.
- People seeking sanctuary from deportation and their families.
- All impacted by Hurricane Harvey and Jose and those who are helping out.
- Marilyn White (my cousin) – undergoing chemotherapy.
- UMMBC senior pastor search committee as it continues it work.
- Leadership that create environments for people to live and work without bad behavior.
- Fred Marshall – he recently had eye surgery and is recovering.
- The interim pastor at UMMBC, Rev. Headen, and the church leadership during the transition.
- Make it a great day
- Enjoy the journey
- Look for the bright spots