As the Spirit of God guides you (while you are at the altar) please hold the following reminders, celebrations and concerns in your prayers:
- Please pray for those in need of prayer and not included on this list.
- Please pray for everyone who takes the time to pray for the needs of others.
- Those confronting life’s challenges and celebrating life’s joys.
Give Thanks For (Praise Reports):
- The power of touch, love, support and encouragement.
- UMMBC senior pastor search committee commitment and dedication to the task.
- Yasmeen Alston (my niece) on the back-to-school event in honor of her late sister, Alana.
- Remembering Alana Monet Alston (suitevida).
- Happy Anniversary (57th) to Miller and Alice Allen.
- The opening of the new Forsyth County Library – it is so cool.
- A Marvtastic 2017 National Black Theatre Festival.
- A visit from the National Endowment for the Arts Chair, Jane Chu.
- Alma Flood’s mother being released from the hospital.
- Starting a new Dale Carnegie Class with students (current teachers working on their Master’s degree) at UNCG.
- Great dialogue with the new class of WS Fellows and Ned Erickson.
- Team teaching in the First Year Experience program for freshmen at WSSU with Natasha Ohene.
- Nephew Marcus Anderson traveling to Uganda to perform.
- Nephew Alphaeus Anderson and his event, SpiritFest 2017 and 1,000 voices & PureNHeart
- Nephew Wali Alston and his music video, “Alive.”
- Delivering book bags to students at Ephesus Jr. Academy.
- Sarah Alston – as she continues to deal with chronic neck discomfort from arthritis in her neck.
- People seeking sanctuary from deportation and their families.
- All impacted by Hurricane Harvey.
- Marilyn White (my cousin) – recovering from surgery and undergoing chemotherapy.
- Leadership that create environments for people to live and work without bad behavior.
- Fred Marshall – he recently had eye surgery and is recovering.
- My wife’s family and friends as they grieve the loss of her baby brother, Ricky Dean Littlejohn (age 61).
- The interim pastor at UMMBC, Rev. Headen, and the church leadership during the transition.
- Make it a great day
- Enjoy the journey
- Look for the bright spots