United Metropolitan Missionary Baptist Church
Joint Holy Week Service
Five Churches will join together for worship and communion on Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 7 PM for an annual holy week communion service. United Metropolitan Missionary Baptist, Galilee Missionary Baptist, First Baptist (Highland Ave), St. Stephen Missionary Baptist and Grace Presbyterian Churches. Plan to attend this powerful worship service. This year’s worship service will be held at St. Stephen Missionary Baptist Church, 5000 Noble Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27105. Pastor Prince Rivers will deliver the sermon.
Maundy Thursday Service: Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 7 PM
Good Friday Service: Friday, April 3, 2015 at noon
Easter Sunrise Service: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 6 AM (breakfast served)
Easter Sunday Worship Service: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 10:45 am
Drum Majors Alliance for Justice and Reconciliation link to activities here.
8th Annual Student (WFU School of Divinity) preaching service
The 8th annual Good Friday student preaching service at First Baptist Church, Highland Avenue on Good Friday, April 3, at 12 noon. The service focuses on the “Seven Last Words” of Jesus and includes the following WFU preachers:
1. “Father, forgive them.” (Luke 23:34), Chelsea Yarborough (MDiv ’15)
2. “Today, you will be with me in Paradise.” (Luke 23:43), Alan Suber (MDiv ’15)
3. “Woman, behold your Son.” (John 19:26), Lové Lemon (MDiv ’16)
4. “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (Mark 15:34), Keith Menhinick (MDiv ’15)
5. “I thirst.” (John 19:28), Lisa Page (MDiv ’15)
6. “It is finished.” (John 19:30), Ashton Murray (MDiv ’15)
7. “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.” (Luke 23:34), Dr. James Dunn, Retired Resident Professor of Christianity and Public Policy, School of Divinity
The service will conclude by 1:00pm.