I am full of wishes,
full of desires,
full of expectations.
Some of them may be realized, many may not,
but in the midst of all my satisfactions and disappointments,
I hope in you.
I know that you will never leave me alone
and will fulfill your divine promises.
Even when it seems that things are not going my way,
I know that they are going your way
and that in the end your way is the best way for me.
O Lord, strengthen my hope,
especially when my many wishes are not fulfilled.
Let me never forget that your name is Love.
Henri Nouwen, With Open Hands
- Please pray for those in need of prayer and not included specifically on this list.
- Please pray for everyone who takes the time to pray for, and consider the needs of, others.
- Submit your prayer requests for the eLectronic cHurch to join with, and for, you (and others) in prayer.
- DivorceCare Ministry at UMMBC – a Christ-Centered ministry for people hurting from separation and divorce. Session 7 of 13 is tonight.
- The Art of Marriage Conference at UMMBC last weekend was a success.
- Sermon Series at UMMBC: Who Am I? Sermon yesterday: You Are a Disciple.
- Pink Sunday at UMMBC to honor breast cancer survivors and increase awareness of breast cancer.
- Georgia R. – for emotional healing.
- Miller Allen (and family) – on the death of his brother.
- Michelle Cook (and family) – on the death of her niece.
- Tony Burton – requests prayer for his family.
- Please continue to pray for our country that politicians and elected officials will put the interest of people before their personal/party interest.
- DivorceCare Ministry prayer requests from participants: A little boy name Gary who is sick and his family is emotionally and spiritually tired. Pray for his healing, strength and peace for his family. A friend whose family is dealing with the loss of a love one. Looking for a better job as the current one is not looking good at this time. Pray for Robert Kennedy Jr., Raven Kennedy, Graham and Johnson family for peace and understanding and that God’s will be done in my life. Pray that Angie Morgan will stay healthy during her Chemotherapy treatments. To find a secure job, experience spiritual guidance and to count my blessings each day. Patience, Temperance and Understanding. Pray for me in my new home and that I will be able to afford it. That my family will be safe and blessed. Pray for all the children. There are seven.
- Celina Bailey – for sanity, maturity and peace as she struggles with making good life choices.
- Wenna Phelps – for her sister (Sheila James) who is facing health challenges.
- Make it a great day
- Enjoy the journey
- Look for the bright spots